Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Friday, March 31, 2006

Paradise

We have some good friends who also keep a blog and one of their recent blogs was one called the Optimists Club. As usual I was moved by the way they look at life and what God has given them, both in blessings and trials. I truly believe that these people are part of our lives because they have enabled me to look at life from a new perspective. (Well that and we always have a great time together!) :)

God does give us many blessings every day, even in ways we are unable to see at the time. Everything truly happens for a reason.

Having said that, a country song (I know big surprise) comes to mind. It's calle Just Another Day In Paradise by Phil Vassar. For those of you who don't know it I've included the lyrics because for so many of us, we really are blessed by God to have just another day in paradise.

Kid's screamin', phone ringin', dog barkin' at the mail man
Bringin' that stack of bills
Overdue, good mornin' baby how are you
Gotta half hour, quick shower
Take a drink of milk, but the milk's gone sour
My funny face makes you laugh
Twist the top on and I put it back
There goes the washin' machine
Baby don't kick it, promise I'll fix it
Long with about a million other things

Chorus
It's OK, its so nice, just another day in paradise
And there's no place I'd rather be
Two hearts, one dream, I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night, ohh
For just another day in paradise

Friday your late, I guess we'll never make our dinner date
At the restaurant, you start to cry, baby we'll just improvise
Plan B, looks like Dominoes Pizza in the candlelight
Then we'll tippy toe to our room
Make a little love that's overdue
But somebody had a bad dream
Mommy and Daddy, can me and my Teddy come in and sleep in between
Yeah, it's


OK, it's so nice, just another day in paradise
And there's no place I'd rather be
Two hearts, one dream, I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night, ohh
For just another day in paradise.

Enjoy your day in paradise!

1 comment:

Michael and Michelle said...

That sure does sound like us some mornings.

Still the best part of my day is comming home to the insanity!