Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Friday, March 03, 2006

One Month


So, it's been one month since Ethan's diagnosis. I can't believe it's only a month. We already feel like old pro's at this stuff.

Changes? Well, although it hasn't reflected in any weight gain, his appetite has definitely changed, and so has some of his behavioral issues. I weighed him on the day we got the diagnosis and on our scale he checked in at 24.5 lbs. That's what he weighed in still today. I know it's not something I should be getting him into the habit of watching, but I can't help myself as he is already just so little. Don't get me wrong, it's great to see that at least he's stable and isn't losing weight, but still with the increase in his appetite it's hard to believe that he hasn't gained anything yet. The doctor's told me he may not gain anything right away, but I'm a mom and I worry about these things. Always have with him. Like I said before, he's eating. AND, they other thing that I have to keep in mind is that he is more active now as well since he's feeling better. So, I think he's burning off a lot more than he was before, even though he's now taking in more...(who wouldn't want that problem???)

Right now he's snacking away on his Peanut Butter Panda Puffs, (which he calls Panda Pups) while running around and away from me in nothing but his diaper...who needs to wear clothes anyway!

1 comment:

Christina and Tee Jay said...

Michelle and Mike, I'm glad that the first month is over, and that you're steadily learning that this is going to be okay! It stinks, I know, to have to begin on this process, but once you really get into the hang of things, you realize that you can become inventive in the kitchen, can increase the healthy foods in your family's diet, and can be confident that you're making your kid(s) well!

On a side note, I visited a friend in NYC this weekend whose boyfriend is allergic to gluten. He made two gluten-free pizzas while I was there, and they were TOP NOTCH, DELICIOUS! Here's a link to the product on glutenfreemall.com. It's only $2+ per package! And let me tell you, you're going to LOVE this pizza crust!

http://www.glutenfreemall.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35&products_id=182

Happy eating!