Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Awesome Parents!

You know how you can look back on something and whatever it was that struck you as odd finally makes sense to you??

Well...as most of you know Ethan is tiny for his age. He will be 7 years old in December, but his body size measures at around a 4 1/2 to 5 year old. In any case, the child really has no waist, and if it weren't for the fact that he needs the length in his pants, he could easily walk around in a size 2T to 3T without fear of them being too tight. As a matter of fact, we have been able to put him in his brothers 3T shorts this summer when his two pairs of size 5 have been dirty. (They are the ones with the adjustable waist which is the only reason why they fit him!)

It just dawned on me, as I was hanging up some of the wet laundry to dry, what was wrong with Ethan's outfit on Sunday. I had mentioned to Mike that Ethan's pants looked a little weird, but it was usually when I was in the middle of something and I never got around to checking out why. He wore them all day, never complained once about how they fit, I just thought they looked weird...maybe too small. I didn't think anything of it...until just now...when I hung up a pair of 6-9 MONTH PANTS, that it all became so clear...

You guessed it...no wonder he looked weird...he was wearing 6-9 month pants as shorts!! And we didn't even realize it until 5 days later...that's AWESOME!! :)

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Oh my goodness, that is too funny!!

Cheryl Ruffing said...

Michelle,

You and Mike are great parents. We've had similar experiences with at least two of the four boys. (Bridget has not put on any of Stella's clothes yet.) What really gets me feeling like a less-than-stellar parent (or laundress) is when one of my kids takes clothes out of the hamper and wears them because nothing else is clean.