Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Friday, July 31, 2009

Live Fee Or Die

Nope...it's not a typo. I really meant to spell Free as Fee. Why? Well, let's just say that the great state of New Hampshire doesn't seem to be living up to its state motto these days.

In the news today, was an announcement that anyone who needed to register their vehicles in the next four months had better hurry up and do it TODAY, as TOMORROW the new fees would be implemented. Hun? I didn't see that headline this morning on WMUR, and yet there it was this afternoon when I checked the news. Maybe I just missed it because I was just in to check the weather real quick. But, if you read the article, the information was only just posted...today.

For those of you, who like me, didn't know of this change coming so soon you can click on the WMUR link above for the news article...which by the way was a little blurb on the side of the screen. It seems to me they had far more "warnings" for the impending change over to digital television than they did for this little diddy!

Anyway, suffice it to say...this will be the last time you will see the VANOKDS license plate on our vehicle. Due to the new fees that our lovely state government has decided to place on everyone in the state, such things as a vanity plate have become a far to expensive way to show our state just how "free" we are. Not only did the fee go up for a vanity plate...$40 vs. the $25 initial cost...but you will now be charged the $40 ANNUALLY!! Ummm, last time I registered my car, I don't remember receiving a new plate with my stickers...hmmm.

Plus, in addition to your regular state and local fees for registering your vehicle, you will have a minimum $30 charge depending on the weight of your vehicle. All total, that's an extra $140 we have to come up with for our two vehicles. (Hubby's car has a vanity plate too.) Thank God my kids don't weigh much!! :)

I absolutely refuse to give my irresponsible state $40 of my husbands hard earned cash for the "privilege" of having a vanity plate every single year. I'd rather make them shell out their own money to make me a boring one. I strongly urge anyone out there who has a vanity plate, to consider doing the same. It's time to stand up and hold those responsible for the state our state is in...accountable!!



No comments: