Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gluten Free and Growing

These two are just too cute...don't you think? Every chance they get...which is pretty often...they reach out to each other and hold hands. I can't tell you how many pictures I have of them doing this. It is just so amazing to watch them interact. They've begun to really notice each other. When they make eye contact they actually smile and sometimes grunt or coo at each other. I think I'm beginning to see just how much mischief they will be causing! :) Developmentally they are right on target if not ahead of the game in most areas. Considering they were 4 weeks early, we are extremely happy about their progress. The picture above was recent...within the past week. The one at the bottom is from last month...see how well they are holding up their holds?

As for how they are growing...amazing. Here are their stats from their 4 month check up, (yes they are 5 months old now...see previous post!): Caleb is 12 lbs. 12.5 oz and is 24 1/4". Elijah is 12 lbs. 14 oz and 24 3/4". WOW! Some of you may read those stats and think it's not that big of deal, but let me tell you why it is. First of all they were 4 weeks early so being twins they tend to have some catching up to do. Having said that, they not only caught up, but have passed their siblings. At 4 months old Ethan was 11 lbs. 9 oz and 24", Joshua was 11 lbs. 15 oz and 24", and Rebekah (who you can't really compare because she is a girl, but just for FYI) was 11 lbs. 7.8 oz and 23 1/4".

Why are they doing so well? It's because I'm gluten free! This is truly the healthiest I've ever been in my entire life. And I still have a long way to go to continue achieving better health. But, being gluten free has introduced me and my family to a whole new world of "good for you" foods that we may not have tried had we not been gluten free. It's made me read labels a little more carefully and eliminate useless ingredients that cause more harm than benefit to our bodies. Some people, I'm sure, have scoffed at me on more than one occasion for what they've seen in my cabinets and fridge...but as they say...the "proof is in the pudding"!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

OK, the hand-holding is absolutely adorable, but I REALLY love the comb-over! :)