Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

TV and Snacks

In the beginning, when Mike and I talked about TV and our children, we had decided to limit it to 1-2 hours a day. That worked for awhile...until Joshua came. It seems that sometimes the only way to keep an active toddler such as my son, quiet and occupied is to let him watch the big box in our house. In my defense he usually watches PBS Kids or one of his many John Deere, Veggie Tales, Baby Einstein, or selected Disney videos.

Well, thanks to that big box, I was able to get my son to eat not one but two cereal bowls full of Fruit Bits, Tings, Veggie Booty, and Animal Cookies...all gluten free. Now, these are the same snacks he constantly says no to when directly asked if he'd like them as a snack. This time I didn't ask or offer anything, just placed them on a TV tray in front of him as he watched Sesame Street. For once the zoned out behavior of a toddler in front of the stupid box has worked in the favor of the parent...HE ATE IT ALL!!

Hopefully, a few more times of that and these snacks will become a more regular staple that he may even ask for (ha ha ha, silly mommy) on his own! Time and persistance will tell!
-michelle

No comments: