Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Pizza Sadness

Well, we've attempted gluten free pizza twice now.

The first time was with a ready made rice crust that had absolutely no taste and felt like dirt in your mouth only drier, (if you can imagine a desert!) The second time was this evening with something called Polenta. It's basically precooked corn meal. The recipe called for the polenta, crushed tomatoes, spinach, and cheese. Sounds okay right??...not quite. First of all, I followed the recipe exactly and it came out quite dry and crumbly, not exactly bubbly and brown as the recipe said it would after only 20 minutes in the oven. Second I had to cook it for twice as long as the recipe called for because it was way to thick for the pie pan it recommends you place it in. Needless to say, the presentation of said pizza was much better than the taste...ick!

However, I'm not going to give up on the polenta. I've since found several recipes that look more promising. Besides pizza is just too important as a childhood staple to give up on so easily. I will find a simple, easy, inexpensive solution to a yummy, cheesy, tasty pizza. It was one of my son's favorite meals to devour, and I want him to be able to still devour it to his heart, (and digestive tracts) content!

It's back to the cutting board...

No comments: