Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Playing Outside

Since I am the mother of 5 children all under the age of 7...and now pregnant with #6...it is difficult for me to take my children outside to play. One reason is because of the layout of our home and yard. It isn't easy to watch them from the house or get back inside without traveling down the driveway. The second reason is because my two oldest are special needs children who due to some of their developmental issues, can't be trusted to stay safe or keep the others safe. With winter time it is even more impossible for me to get them outside as the twins are still too little for me to help them out while trying to keep an eye on the older three.

So, it was with great joy that the snow came yesterday because Daddy was home!! The kids were beside themselves with glee as we layered them up to get them ready for their outdoor adventure. They managed to stay outside for about 2 hours, with Daddy checking their hands and faces every now and then to make sure they were still warm. It was my job to take care of the little ones and make hot chocolate when they came back inside. Which they gladly sucked down with a candy cane!



What a great day!

No comments: