Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Haircuts

Well, my babies will be turning one in just a few days...time has certainly gone by way too fast. I suppose it was bound to happen, it's just one of those things. But, unlike my other children, I've been having a tough time with some of the milestones the twins have been hitting. One of which is the infamous haircut. My oldest two boys had a lot of hair, especially Joshua. He needed a haircut at 9 mos. because it was getting into his eyes! Poor Rebekah still doesn't have enough hair to truly cut, but even she has now had two haircuts. So, it was only a matter of time before the twins would be receiving their very first as well.

I think I've put it off because I knew that once they had those little baby hairs clipped, they would look like "big boys" or toddlers and I wasn't sure I was ready to let go of my "babies" just yet. But, they are growing up, and I can't resist those cute little boy faces anymore than the cute little baby faces...so clip-clip!

I am very fortunate to have such an awesome hairstylist. Donna has been cutting my hair since my wedding day! I say fortunate, because she was willing to come to my house yesterday to cut my hair, so that's why we figured we'd take advantage and have her do the twins and Bekah as well.

Caleb before his trim...


Caleb after his trim...he wasn't too happy with the whole experience. I think he wanted to be the one using the scissors!!



Elijah before his trim...


Elijah after his trim...very happy little guy. He had no problem with the haircut. As a matter of fact he continued to eat his veggie bootie during the whole process!

4 comments:

Cheryl Ruffing said...

They still look adorable.

Norma said...

OM gosh they are soo cute! Can't believe it was a year ago they were born. I love the picture of all the kids together. What a beautiful family!

Norm at AirCut said...

Your children look wonderful...I appreciate large families...my oldest daughter has 13...7 boys, 6 girls! One at a time...same husband...
I have help their expenses by inventing a haircutting device for men and Mom's who cut their sons hair...it's recession proof
Check out our website www.aircut.com
Good luck raising your children...Norm

Cammie said...

Absolutely adorable! Isn't amazing how that first haircut brings them from baby to little boy?! I can't believe they are going to be one tomorrow!!