Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Husband

Father's Day isn't until next month, but I wanted to write this post today to let you all know how special my husband is to me.

I don't need to wait until a special day to tell the man I love just how much I appreciate and love him very much. So, for those of you who aren't into gushy, gooey, lovey kinds of words...consider your self warned and don't read this post!

As for the rest of you...let me tell you why I love this man:


He is my best friend: he is always there. He has seen me at my worst and at my best. He has stuck beside me through more than anyone I've ever met, and I know I can confide in him with all of my heart and soul.

He is my lover: (ya-ya) he is always patient, especially during these post-partum months when all I want to do with my free time is sleep.

He is the father to my children: he is a large child, role model, and disciplinarian all wrapped up in one. Our children know they can go to him for roughhousing, as well as comfort and they both long to be with him when he's not around. (Especially if he's out "jeep'n")

He is my husband, my soul mate: "for better or worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health" we promised to love and respect each other for all the days of our lives. Yes, we've only been married for 6 1/2 years, but lets face it, we've had a roller coaster ride.



From our children being hospitalized for various reasons to all of the medications we've had to do at all hours of the day and night, he's always been there.

For every phone call he's received from an incredibly frustrated wife because the kids are being loud, the bills have piled up, and the sink is no where to be found, he's always on the other side listening.

For every night he comes home from work to a disorganized house, whiny kids, exhausted wife, and dinner still not ready, he drops his bag, removes his tie, rolls up his sleeves and digs right in to help.

For every time he hugs me even when I don't want to be...I love him.
For every time he lets me calm down, and work things through...I love him.
For every time he takes the kids, so I can have a few moments...I love him.
For every time he tells me to do something for myself...I love him.
For every tear he has wiped away...
For every time he helps me back up when I've fallen...
For every thing above and so much more...
I am thankful for, blessed to have, so grateful for the love he has for me.


I LOVE YOU, MICHAEL!

No comments: