Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas Lights

Hey it's Mike. I know I know I haven't posted in a while. Sorry about that, but Michelle has been doing such a good job I did not think that I could improve upon her posts. Plus she knows how to put pictures up and I still don't. Good thing I'm the computer expert in the family!

Anyway last weekend I spent Sunday afternoon setting up our outside Christmas lights. I left Ethan and Joshua inside because being up on the roof and a ladder I did not think they could help. Plus I might fall on them, which in the end would be a bad thing. So I proceded to put up lights on the house and the bushes, and finally the moving deer (John Deere and Jane Doe as Ethan and I decided later would be their names).

So after all the lights were up I brought the boys and Michelle out to see the "official" turning on of the Christmas lights. I let Ethan push the button (we have a cool little remote) and both the boys faces were priceless. Ethan was excited that we had decorated and Joshua just giggled. Very cute they both sat there gazing for a moment taking it all in. It was worth every minute.

Ethan is getting old enough to enjoy Christmas, it's nice that he's getting older and really getting into the Christmas season.

So next weekend is the tree and the inside decorations!

I'll let you know how it goes and maybe post a picture or two.

No comments: