Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Friday, September 26, 2008

Tired?

As you can only imagine...the answer is YES! It's funny how it's one of the first questions that people ask following the question of how the twins are doing..."are you getting any sleep?". How does one answer that?


As any new parent, (whether it's your first, second, or fifth child), can attest to, being tired is just a matter of course when you have a new baby in the home. Never did I imagine just HOW tired parents of twins would be. If either one of us stops for longer than 5 minutes, we will be asleep. I have never been like this. I used to be amazed at how Mike could fall asleep so easily. Just sit down, close your eyes, and before you know it...sound asleep. For me, it's always been a process...tough to wind down long enough to actually get any restful sleep. Now, no problem! If my body is at rest for any amount of time, I'm asleep.


Yes, we are getting some sleep...usually a 3 hour stretch at some point at night, followed by another 2 to 2 1/2 hour stretch after the 3 am feeding...obviously it's not enough, but it's amazing how psyched we are when we wake up to find we have been out for 3 hours!!


It's only a matter of time before we find ourselves having longer stretches of sleep. This period in our lives is really a very short one...but it has become even more obvious to us just how much sleep we were getting when we thought that wasn't enough. Besides, it's all worth it when we look down at those two little miracles to see this...



Aren't they sweet? A little brotherly love from Big Brother Caleb, to his Little Brother Elijah.

3 comments:

Cammie said...

Thanks for updating, I know it must be ridiculously hard to find time to blog these days! I would love to come see you guys sometime soon. The night I was supposed to come visit at the hospital Greg ended up working late that night and then working the next several days into the wee hours of the morning. I tried to call but we kept missing each other. Then we all got sick with a cold...Anyways, let me know when would be an okay time to drop by and as always if you need anything please don't hesitate to call on me!

Love you guys!

Cammie

Jennifer said...

They are beautiful! (Sorry Mike, is handsome better?) I can't wait to meet them both next summer, of course they will be almost 1 by them. I wish I could be there, but remember that I am praying for all 7 of you. Love, Jen

Michael and Michelle said...

Thank you Jen...we can use every prayer coming our way right now. We are exhausted!! :)