Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Her First Haircut

Hair? She doesn't have any hair!


Yes, we know. However, when you run your fingers through that extreme lack of hair, you would have found that what she did have was actually quite long, fine and kind of ashy brown in color...so it's hard to tell.

Since I was getting my haircut though, we figured it would be a great time to have her introduced to the scissors and comb. We've been doing the boys haircuts at home for quite sometime...they both had their first haircuts BEFORE they were even a year old! So, I'm sure we'll do the same for the twins. But, I had decided a while ago that I wasn't going to try and touch Bekah's hair...at least not yet. Besides, maybe the trim will help encourage it to grow in a little more! :)

She did great. How could she not? With a huge mirror in front of her, and both myself and the hairdresser paying all of our attention to just her, really, how could she not find it enjoyable. It only took 19 months for us to get her first haircut, but it actually does look a little different!


3 comments:

Cammie said...

She's such a cutie. Where's the pictures of YOUR haircut? Was it just a trim, or something a little more?

Cammie

Cheryl Ruffing said...

Ah, Michelle,

May I remind you that at 26 months of age, Jack has not yet had a haircut? He's in no danger of it happening anytime soon, either.

Rebekah looks just as cute as she did before her haircut.

I agree with Cammie, by the way. I'd like to see a picture of YOUR haircut.

Michael and Michelle said...

All I did was get a trim with some long layers to get me through the next several months as I won't be seeing much of the outside world. Besides, my hairdresser said she would come to my house to give me another cut once the babies come...maybe then I'll be ready to do the chop-it-all-off-regret-it-later haircut. Ahh, those hormones...