Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Friday, February 01, 2008

WOW!

She slept through the night. Rebekah really slept through the night! And when I say "slept through", I mean 7pm-7am kind of sleep. The kind where you wake up and say to yourself, "did I get up to nurse her at all last night...I must have...no, no I don't think I did...wow".

Rebekah has always been a great nurser. She has done it the best and the longest compared to her brothers. Ethan weaned himself the week of his first birthday, but he was such a difficult nurser, I was relieved. Joshua, weaned himself by 11 mos. old, but I think that was partly due to the conception of his sister when he was 9 mos. old. Needless to say, I wasn't surprised when he weaned so early. But, Rebekah has been going strong about 3-5 times a day...up until recently. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed she was down to about 2-3 times a day, and it was only before her nap, nightime bed, and once in the middle of the night, that she was nursing. It makes me wonder if it's because she's getting older and eating a lot more food throughout the day, or is it because of Baby Ouellette #4 on the way...??? Hmmmmm.....

4 comments:

Cammie said...

Congratulations!

nora said...

I just found your blog. I also have CS and was diagnosed at age 3 - one of the first in the country at that time. Glad you have such a full family. Can I add your blog to mine?

Michael and Michelle said...

Yes, of course you can...I went to your info. but couldn't find a link to your blog??

Jennifer said...

WOW! is right! She IS getting older. Before you know it she will be asking for the car keys...
Oh wait, that's my son...