Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Monday, July 16, 2007

Out and About

As our family grows, we (I should say "I" since during the week all outings are done by yours truly!) find it more of a challenge just to get out of the house never mind to a final destination!!

Although it has slowed us down a bit, I nevertheless venture out with my three little monkeys in our "Van O Kids" to various destinations. Usually, I have my sanity somewhat in tact before we leave, rarely do I have it when we come home!

On this particular day, Friday the 13th, I was prepared to travel and meet a friend with three of her own little monkeys...so I new I'd be in good company.

We decided to head out blueberry picking at this little place called Blueberry Bay Farm in Stratham, NH. We had gone there last year...and the blueberries were fantastic. The kids had a great time sampling from the bush, and absolutely loved the Blueberry Lemonade (yes, now I remember having it last year!). At the time, between my friend and I we only had four of our little ones...this time we were seriously outnumbered.

I know I really shouldn't have, but I was prepared for the worst...exasperation followed by much yelling, disciplining, and threats to leave if things didn't change...but was pleasantly surprised by how great everything went.All of the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves...Ethan and his friend walked, (ran mostly, as well as jump and fall down whenever they could) Joshua and his friend got to ride in the wagon that I brought, and the babies took turns riding in front packs and the stroller. Not only did we manage to pick a couple of pounds of blueberries, but we even made it back to the cars to have a little picnic lunch before going.

All and all we had a great morning...and lots of yummy blueberries as well!

No comments: