Our Family

Our Family
"These are the children God has graciously given to me. (us)" - Genesis 33:5

Friday, June 09, 2006

Peaceful


I found this picture in a moment of quiet time that I had to myself. (Ethan upstairs "napping" and Joshua in the other room yelling at his toys in frustration because they, not he, keep moving in the other direction!)

It's amazing how much my big guy has changed in these past few months. With everything he's been through, he's still my little guy. He tells me he "loves me soooo much" and always wants to give me big hugs and kisses with his little pursed sticky-outy lips. When I go in at night to say a little prayer over his head, I whisper "Good-night, I love you, Sweet Dreams, God Bless...and usually he is murmuring each and every word right back at me in his sleep. Sometimes I even get a little hug or a pat with another "I love you soooo much mommy."

It helps to reflect on those times, because during the day my little angel and I butt heads constantly. He can be extremely defiant, stubborn, demanding, and strong willed. All qualities I know will be wonderful in the future if we can just give him the right guidance. Usually by the end of the day, my guidance ends in a "one more time from you and you will go to your room without any toys!"

No matter how our day goes, it's amazing to me that he is able to let it all go at the end of the day and give all he has to give in love to his mommy. It goes to show that as always we have so much to learn from our children. At the end of the day, we still love each other, we still hug and kiss, we say our prayers, God Blesses and Good Nights, and talk about a whole new day to start in the morning. I just love my children.

1 comment:

Teresa and Shawn said...

That was so sweet. Good medicine after fighting with my guy to go to bed tonight. You'd think he would have passed out from exhaustion after running up and down your house a zillion times!
Thanks for the yummy gluten-free meal!